Wednesday, January 8, 2014

An Overiew of A Golf Course

A golf course entails a chain of holes with each hole having a teeing ground, the rough, fairway, a green with a pin, a hole or the popularly called the cup and the hazard. Most golf courses use the standard number of holes set in eighteen while some other courses have nine holes where players play twice per round. Other courses have twenty-seven and thirty-six holes where players divide themselves into groups of nine holes each. The twenty-seven or thirty-six holes are designed so for uniqueness or conservation purposes to accommodate a big lot at a time. 

Tee box area

This is the first section of each hole also referred to as the tee-box and there are many such grounds where player places the ball with each differently placed from the hole and at a different angle to the green. A golfer can play from outside the area but the ball must be within the ground as the area covers between markers and some two-club lengths behind them where the tee markers are color coded for easy identification.Fairway and Rough
After teeing off, the ball is stroke towards the green from its rest area. The fairway is the area between teeing area and the putting green and this is the most beneficial place from where to hit the ball. Rough is the area between the fairway, the markers, and greener with the bigger grass than in the fairway. Rough is a disadvantageous area to hit from at any time on the golf course. The holes have a line-of-sight from tee-box to the green but a hole can bend either left or right.

Hazards
Hazards are special areas with additional playing rules and are generally of two types, water hazards, and bunkers. Tough and special rules apply to any ball that drops in a hazard. A ball in hazard has no penalty and can be played and not necessarily from the hazard but from outside. In addition to these two hazards, some courses have like pits, high grass, shrubs or even steep area among other types. Golfers fear dropping balls here due to the penalties involved in their clubs afterwards.

Putting green
The green has a closely trimmed grass where players make strokes from and the stroke from this area is a putt. The green ranges from flat to sloppy areas depending on the expertise as each offers a different challenge putting the ball to the cup. The long grass known as fringe surrounding the green slows the ball and prevents it from exiting the green.

In addition to these grounds, some golf courses have additional grounds like the par, driving range among others. Most courses have a par-3, 4, 5, and par-6 holes with each having distinct distances from the tees for both men and women. Some areas of repair are marked differently; a ball falling here can be lifted and played from outside without any penalty. Driving range is generally for practice and resembles the main course with information for the golfer. The driving area is generally not part of the course and players can hit balls to these areas for enjoyment or practice.

8 comments:

  1. I am currently working on my golf skills and just revise my basics of golf with help of http://basicsofagolfswing.com/.
    I loved it so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these valuable golf tips. Being a golf lover, I consider it as a big asset. com I found many professional lessons online which help me a lot in starting my professional sports career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 16 years old when i had done with my first learning goal with my father and now i am even tired of performance (mastery) goals because of the diminishing utility. LOL
    For new entrants i must say that they are lucky enough to born in era where the tutors, trainer are at your home in form of online stuff including YouTube videos,blogs, mybestgolfbuddy.com and many sites which can be used as their coach and believe me they will be very happy with these instructor who did not charge any fee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A golfer whose swing shows good balance is a visually pleasing experience. A balanced swing looks graceful, almost effortless. When we see its behind then we will know that it is a very difficult task to change swing. We have to work very hard in order to Improve the Golf game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in no doubt coming back again to read these articles and blogs.http://www.golfmsg.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for going over these things that I should know about a golf course. My husband invited me to go golfing with him for the first time, so I feel like I should learn a few things beforehand. It helps that you explained how water hazards and bunkers can affect my game. I'm glad that you mentioned how there's not penalty if my ball falls in one of these two hazards. I should keep that in mind and make sure to swing my ball just outside of the hazard.
    http://giantoakgolfclub.com/golf-courses/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for going over these things that I should know about a golf course. My husband invited me to go golfing with him for the first time, so I feel like I should learn a few things beforehand. It helps that you explained how water hazards and bunkers can affect my game. I'm glad that you mentioned how there's not penalty if my ball falls in one of these two hazards. I should keep that in mind and make sure to swing my ball just outside of the hazard.
    http://giantoakgolfclub.com/golf-courses/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! Anyone know why this is happening?see more: golf drivers 2018

    ReplyDelete